Saturday, January 24, 2015

TRAVEL DIARY: PHILIPPINE EAGLE CENTER DAVAO

Happy New Year, from the sunny city of Davao! lol Still can't get over how awesome my davao trip was. This has got to be the most intense separation anxiety i experienced!
But yeah, I'm already back to normal grind so enough for the drama, (just crossing my fingers to hopefully be back soon). So many back logs, so let me start my 2015 post with one of few trips (not an outfit post tho :( ) I made while I'm in Davao with my family. Let's make the pictures do the talking, with a little caption from here and there :)
It's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a burmese albino phyton! Oh boy! didn't expect I'll be able to cross out one of my bucket list in Davao. Hoo! really had a hard time holding it, didn't dare myself to post the most awkward photo I have. haha And sad to say the right photo was the only ootd photo I have. So much excitement and happiness, that's why! :)
Philippine Eagle Center has it's way of maintaining the center and all the animals in good condition , that's why they let tourists to donate to them, and for every 300pesos, they'll have their names written all over the pathways of the center, I swear, there's a lot! At first I thought it was just a name of a bird, because I saw one with an RIP, until Kuya Europe (the one who feed the eagles and accidentally became our tourist guide) told us the story behind it.
Selfie with Scout Binay! He's an amazing eagle, we're all fond of him, Kuya Europe didn't have a hard time taking this picture, he's well trained. Wondering why he was named after VP Binay?. Well, it's because Scout Binay was adopted by the VP. There came a time, 3 years ago (I guess) they needed to close the center because they are losing funds to keep the center operational, that's why they look for people who will adopt their eagles,and they'll name it after them, by just donating to keep the center open for the tourist and for all the animals to be well taken care of. I felt a sudden happiness, because this place is such a beauty to close, right? And they have amazing and well trained birds! wild monkeys! and shy wild pigs! haha Really had a great time listening to Kuya Europe's kwento.
I forgot his name, but he's a selfie-ready bird too. Look at that shot! Sad to see that he has a broken wing :( he was shot, back when he was out in the wild by some bad stranger. 
Spot the famous philippine eagle, Pagasa! He was the first ever captive-bred raptor. 
And I'm craving for Penong's grilled chicken :( I swear, their chicken was the tastiest chicken I ever ate. I was shocked, because I thought it was just an ordinary grilled chicken, but boy t'was tasty and juicy! (pwede na bang endorser? lol) We had our lunch here after our PEC tour.
You can experience and see what beauty and knowledge Philippine Eagle has to offer by paying only 100php each. 
So delightful to see the sun shining everyday. Hope you guys enjoy my first travel post for this month! Here's to more travel adventures this 2015! :)

All photos are taken using my SONY Xperia Z3 compact :)


xo,
ella

No comments:

Post a Comment